I found my food soulmate. I have an obsession with zucchini bread. It had me at hello the very first time I tasted it with a warm gooey chocolate chip right in the middle of the bite. Mmmm.
When I was perusing recipes for a client, I stumbled across the words zucchini bread and the scrolling came to an immediate stop. I had found my food soulmate – zucchini bread combined with overnight oats. It was love at first sight – or taste. Whichever. I’m obsessed!
This Zucchini Bread Overnights Oats recipe is:
- Packed with hidden veggies.
Just imagine. It’s early Saturday morning. You just got back from a long run and the hunger is creeping in. You open the fridge and (cue the birds singing) this is waiting for you! Personally, I love to zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds to take the chill off but you could just grab and go too!
Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- â…“ cup Oats (quick or traditional)
- â…“ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Â½ tsps Maple Syrup
- â…› tsp Cinnamon
- Â¼ Zucchini (grated)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Â½ Banana (sliced)
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almond milk, ground flax seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, grated zucchini (aim for about 1/2 cup per serving) and hemp seeds. Stir well to mix and then store covered in the fridge overnight.
- Add a large spoonful or two of oats into jars (250mL or 500mL). Add a layer of sliced banana, and another layer of oats. Top with more sliced banana, a sprinkle of hemp seeds and cinnamon. Enjoy them cold, or warm them up for a minute in the microwave.
Leftovers?ÂRefrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram with @a.runners.alchemy and #Nourishyourbody. I love to see what you’re making in your own kitchens!