These blow your mind just-like-the-real-thing almond joys have only 4 simple ingredients and are certainly about to become your sweet treat go-to!
My mom has always gone bonkers at Halloween. You name the candy, and she’s got it stocked and ready to pass out! However, there’s a problem. Their neighborhood hasn’t quite turned yet over so the number of kids does NOT match her quantity of candy. Guess who’s the lucky recipient of all the excess candy?!
I remember when I was training for my very first marathon though, I HATED seeing the huge bowl of candy just sitting out. Sounds strange, right? Here I am talking about how freaking GOOD these almond joys are, yet seeing the bowl of candy gave me anxiety. That’s correct. I felt like a marathoner had to look and eat a very specific way, AKA clean & sugar-free ALL THE TIME. So, every time I’d go to their house or have a HUGE bag of candy sent home with me, I felt the internal fight over so badly wanting candy but wanting to eat like a runner “should”.
Here’s what I know now:
There is JOY in enjoying something so delicious and that joy does not take away from your ability as a runner.
There is JOY in sharing a sweet treat with someone you adore. In my case, three little boys who love chocolate as much as I do!
There is strength in separating your worth and value as a person from your food choices or your running pace.
Inside Out Almond Joys
- 4 ¼ oz Dark Organic Chocolate (at least 70% cacao, chopped)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Almonds
- ¼ cp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Microwave dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a large glass bowl at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almonds to the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Use a spoon to drop small, even clusters (containing about 4 to 5 almonds each) onto the parchment paper. The number of clusters you make should be equal to your serving size.
- Sprinkle coconut overtop of each cluster immediately. Transfer to the freezer until the clusters are set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
No AlmondsUse hazelnuts, peanuts or dried fruit instead.
No CoconutUse hemp seeds instead.
Spread the LovePackage them in a tin or jar lined with parchment paper to give as a gift.
Serving SizeOne serving is equal to one cluster.
Alright sweet running friends of mine, let’s hear it. What was your most ultimate favorite Halloween candy when you were a kid and what is it now??
Can’t wait to hear!
To start your journey of finding your running alchemy, I’ve created a super simple nutrition guide. It’s the first steps I explore with my clients so that they can feel strong, healthy and confident, sans dieting. Snag that guide HERE!
Sharing is caring!