Second week into school and slowly getting into the swing of the school year but I’m quickly trying to revamp my workout schedule to keep the mojo of the kids’ morning routine manageable. This means that I hit the 5:30 am class at the gym. Which, by the way, have you heard of Burn Boot Camp yet?! One just opened by us in Lake Zurich and it is my new obsession!! The head trainer, Lauren, is completely awesome and she kicks my butt every morning. The best part? I get this killer workout in and still make it home before the kids are starting to get up which gives me plenty of time to prep snacks/lunches and get a good breakfast going for all of us.
Serving 2 pancakes, ~ 300 calories, 12 grams fiber, 10 grams protein
1 cup almond milk (vanilla milk will sweeten it a touch if needed!)
2 large eggs
1 large ripe banana
1 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats,
2 cups fresh mixed berries
1. Blend all the ingredients (minus the mixed berries) in a blender until smooth.
2. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-low heat.
3. Using a 1/4 C. measuring cup, pour batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip with spatula; cook for an
additional 90 seconds. r.
4. Serve with 1/4 cup fresh berries, each.
- These make great easy weekday leftovers for post-workout or a grab-and-go for you or kids! Just wrap leftover pancakes in plastic wrap (or aluminum foil) and
store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Pancakes can be reheated
in a toaster.
- To amp up your protein intake or make them even easier to grab and run out the door, smear 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter on each pancake and go!